I’m usually a Gold 1 – Elite 3 player. My style of play is tiki-taka, lots of passes intertwined with intricate little dribbles, varied speed on build-up. All my players are good passers, such as prime Dinho, TOTY Messi, Vieira, TOTY Ramos, but this doesn’t seem to matter anymore after the last patch, because:
– Passes are all underpowered
– Players are waiting for these slo-mo passes like idiots instead of moving into space to get the ball faster
– First touches are horrendous, even if you make sure your passes are properly powered and directed
– Goals are not satisfying, even when you win, most of the time you’re not sure if you’ve deserved it or not
– People say possession is now the way to play, however, that’s not the case in my experience. Possession play is useful for time wasting, not in build-up play
– Most effective style of play is parking the bus and counter-attacking. After you score a shitty goal, use possession to waste time until the last whistle.
– If your opponent parks the bus, it’s impossible to break through his defense. It’s not as if you can quickly pass the ball and find space to exploit. Bakayoko will collect 90% of your anemic passes.
– My team is valued at about 10M coins, all players are quite agile, but some games it’s like they’re all in quicksand, I have to change direction and wait more than a second before TOTY Messi turns, handicapping is so obvious that even one of my opponents wrote to me he can’t believe how heavily my team moved, while his cheap OP BPL team was on steroids.
– Sometimes you tackle but nothing happens. The animation plays without you getting the ball. I had 3 consecutive “fake” tackles before my opponent shot through my CB’s foot and scored. This happened before the patch but not to this extent.
– Due to nerfed agility, passing power and accuracy the game is slow and boring
– Inconsistency. There are games where gameplay is more fluent, touches are better, passing is more accurate, but most games players are non-responsive.
– The skill gap has been reduced, I struggle against some lower tier opponents that park the bus and counter attack. (even lost a game against G3)
A few examples:
TLDR: EA should’ve only patched the kick-off glitch, they completely broke the game instead